The Akufo-Addo administration has put on notice that it will begin prosecuting corrupt former officials who served under the Mahama government in October.
“By October when we start moving to court with some of the cases, Ghanaians will know that we are serious and we are ready to fight corruption as a canker in this country and uproot it once and for all,’’ Deputy Minister of Justice and Attorney General, Joseph Kpemka, has said
These are the individuals under investigation and may possibly be prosecuted. According to the Today newspaper, the allegedly corrupt former appointees likely to be prosecuted by the NPP government include former:
READ THIS: I Dont Know Why I Married – Duncan Williams
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of National Health Insurance Authority (NHIA) – Mr. Sylvester Mensah
- Former National Coordinator of National Disaster Management Organization (NADMO) – Sedinam Tamakloe Attionu
- Former Minister of Transport – Dzifa Attivor
- Former Managing Director of Intercity State Transport Corporation – Mr. Samuel Nuamah Donkor.
- Former Minister of Youth and Sports – Mr. Elvis Afriyie Ankrah
- Former Executive Director of Ghana Standard Authority (GSA) – Dr. George Crentsil
- Former CEO of Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA) – Rudolph Berkley
- Former CEO of National Youth Authority (NYA), and current MP for Kumbugu Constituency -Ras Mubarak
- Former Minister of Sports and MP for Bawku Central – Mahama Ayariga
- Entrepreneur – Selassie Ibrahim.
- Presidential staffer – Kwesi Baffoe Bonnie
- Former CEO of COCOBOD – Dr. Stephen K Opuni
- Former Board Chairman of SSNIT – Professor Joshua Alabi
- Presidential Aide – Stanislav Xoese Dogbe
- Presidential Aide – Vincent Senam Kuagbenu
The above persons are all under investigation for on different allegations of misuse of office for either corrupt activities or otherwise.