One of Ghana’s rich young men, Ibrah One, was arrested on Wednesday, April 18, 2018 by a combined team Ghana’s Police and Interpol personnel.
As ghanaplay.com reported earlier, Ibrah One was arrested in connection with an investigation into a money laundering case in the US.
We breaks down the whole arrest of Ibrah One in these simple facts below.
1. Why was he arrested? Though Ibrah is officially being arrested for money laundering, as part of an ongoing investigation in the US. According to a report on US website, WKBN.COM, eight other people namely Kwabena M. Bonsu, Kwasi A. Oppong, Kwame Ansah, John Y Amoah, Samuel Antwi, King Faisal Hamidu, Nkosiyoxoxo Msuthu, and Cynthia Appiagyei have already been arrested.
2. Who gave him away? We know people who deal in this kinds of business usually use fictitious names and to get to them, you may need an insider information. In the case of Ibrah, we understand it is one of his own ‘boys’ who snitched on him to the Interpol. The guy, only identified as Snapchat user, Heloo_Stephen actually took the videos of Ibrah in police custody and shared on social media.
3. What led him to snitch on Ibrah? We gathered that the two were involved in a scam deal which brought in about $1.2m. Ibrah was supposed to give Stephen a $400,000 cut but he refused while referring to Stephen as a small boy. This angered Stephen and as someone who knows Ibrah’s modus operandi, he contacted the Interpol and struck an immunity deal for his confession.
4. How was he arrested? A team of officers stormed Ibrah’s East Legon residence on Wednesday afternoon but met his absence. A lady in the house was asked to call him and after about 40 minutes, Ibrah appeared and was picked up. We have learnt that he had tried to flee the country.
5. Where from here? Since this is an international investigation, Ibrah will not be put on trial in Ghana. According to reports, Ibrah cried in the police custody when he heard that he will soon be transferred to the US for his trial and a likely conviction. 6. How has Ibrah taken his arrest? In the aftermath of his arrest, Ibrah has posted so many messages on Snapchat threatening to expose all other money launderers he knows. He has also mentioned the name of firebrand NPP MP, Kennedy Agyapong and even requested an audience with the President. Reports suggest that Ibrah is willing to cooperate with the Interpol and his lawyers may even hold a press conference to reveal some secrets.
Contact Us For Any Works